Sunday, May 26, 2013

Miracles, Creation, Love

I have to add to the last post one other miracle from today.  While Heidi took Aaron to get his blood workup done, I took the other three kids to church in Northwest Seattle.  We only made the last hour, which happened to be sacrament meeting (like mass except there is no paid ministry so the speakers are from the congregation) and the speakers were all talking about gratitude and the joy we find in the midst of challenges when we look for ways to be happy.  It was just what I needed and a great blessing to feel the Lord was comforting me as I tried to comfort my wife and children.

When we arrived at church, I asked the three kids with me to have a question in their heart for the Lord and then to listen as the Holy Ghost came during the meeting, for answers since that is the process of revelation.  Michael afterward said his question was whether Jordan would survive and the answer he felt was that Jordan would but that if he didn't it would be okay.  That was quite a teaching and learning moment.

I had a similar question and also found myself considering how while I took part with the Lord in Creating my children, yet unlike anything I have ever created or put together, when my children "break" in some way or something goes wrong with them, I have NO idea how to correct or "fix" it.  I trusted in the Lord and His miracle to bring each of my children into my life and now I have to trust Him again that while I don't know how to heal them, He does.  And that goes for my wife as well, that He knows how to help and heal her in a way I can't; this is important because when I see a mother standing over her child and unable to pick him up for all the wires and tubes running through his failing body, and when I see that little child unable to sit up or speak or even hear his mothers voice staring into her eyes and barely blinking, I recognize that for all the love I have for her, I can't begin to understand what she is going through.  I can't begin to imagine the depth of love and loss she feels every moment Jordan is not healthy and in her arms.  But I know the Savior can; and I know that He can and will heal the brokenhearted--and that is the hope I need.  

2 comments:

  1. You guys are amazing and this post is so heartfelt. We will be praying and fasting, along with many from the ward on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this experience, Ryan! It's amazing how beautiful and sacred such difficult times can be.

    ReplyDelete