Thursday, December 12, 2013

SCID in Oregon

I connected with a friend who is an attorney and has been part of the Oregon legislature, Shawn Lindsay, about SCID implementation in Oregon.  He reached out to his contacts and sent me the following:

I received the attached voicemail from Bryan Boehringer of the Oregon Medical Association.  It looks like screening will be implemented by rule shortly.  Let me know if you have any questions.

I followed up and found out that agency rule as opposed to a statute being passed by the legislature, means screening should go into affect in May or June of 2014.  We are so excited!  Thanks Shawn!

1 comment:

  1. That is such wonderful news! I am so glad that awareness is being brought out about SCIDS so that many lives can be helped. Great job Heidi and Ryan for turning something so difficult into something worth fighting for!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete