Thursday, September 5, 2013

Great Week

Post from 8/29 but not published:

I spent the last week learning from wise people. Perhaps the most important lesson, and one I learn from parenting every day, is that I know absolutely nothing.  The next most important lesson is that this is okay as long as I want to know more.

I certainly do want to know and learn more.  As I listen to those who have greater light and knowledge than I have, it is inspiring to begin to see more of the picture of life, like a 3-d image emerging from within a sea of lines.

This gives me hope about more deeply understanding life's purpose and my role in it.  It is the path that leads to knowledge through faith.

One of the classes I attended was about the purpose and power of eternal families and the idea of becoming one in Christ.  While I have heard this many times, the whispering of the Spirit in this class was to do all I can to remember, feel, and show gratitude for the Atoning power that makes this oneness possible.  I often get distracted by the cares of daily life and forget that "Life" has little to do with what is all around me each day.

In the place of gratitude, I recognize that when I need peace and the storms of life appear to threaten to sink my "ship"; when I need comfort and hope to have the strength to move forward, I either go to my knees in prayer, or literally reach out to those I love--such as my wife. Somehow, both when I reach out for the Lord's hand, or for my wife's, I feel virtue pass to me and the healing power of love strengthen me.  I am forever grateful for a wife who carries that power and virtue and who is willing to give her strength to strengthen me. Certainly, that is part of the oneness and the healing Christ offers, which has been a great power through this loss.  



No comments:

Post a Comment