Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Memorial Service for Jordan

A Celebration of Life/Memorial Service will be held for Jordan Paul Janeway on Saturday, July 6th, at 3pm (final time) at the LDS chapel at: 

3661 Brooke Street
FOREST GROVE, OREGON 97116

A graveside service will immediately follow at the Union Point Cemetery in Banks, Oregon. 

In lieu of flowers, we have set up The Jordan Janeway Memorial Trust.  Donations can be made in any Bank of America Branch or by mail to:

Bank of America
RE: Jordan Janeway Memorial Trust
409 E Main St
Hillsboro, OR 97123

Checks should be written to: The Jordan Janeway Memorial Trust
Reference account #485010264561

This trust has been established short term to assist with medical and funeral costs including helping family attend from a distance where needed, and long term to assist in increasing awareness for newborn screening with a specific focus on SCID.  Early detection of SCID, which is part of newborn screening nationally but not yet funded in Oregon, increases survival by at least 35%.  We hope to make a difference for other families.  

When God calls little children
to dwell with Him above.
We mortals sometimes question
the wisdom of His love.

For no heartache compares with
the death of one small child,
who does so much to make our world
seem wonderful and mild.

Perhaps God tires of calling
the aged to His fold.
So He picks at times a rosebud
before it can grow old.

God knows how much we need them
and so He takes but few,
to make the land of Heaven
more beautiful to view.

Believing this is difficult
still somehow we must try.
The saddest word mankind knows

will always be "Goodbye".


So when a child departs
we who are left behind,
must realize God loves children,
Angels are hard to find.
~Author Unknown

6 comments:

  1. Ryan,
    Our prayers are with you daily. I read your entire blog in less than 24 hours and admire the faith you and Heidi sure have.
    When I showed my husband a picture of Jordan, the first words out of his mouth were, "Wow what a beautiful baby". I agree. We are so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that gives us the knowledge that Jordan is in a state of peace. Thank you for writing all these posts and for the person you are. May your hearts be comforted by the spirit at this time of loss.
    Love,
    Cathryn (Powell )Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi and Ryan, I took care of little Jordan while he was at Randall Children's Hospital. I'm one of the night shift nurses so I didn't have much of a chance to interact with you. Heidi, I think I met you once or twice and we spoke on the phone a few times. Ryan, I don't think I ever had the pleasure of meeting you. I took care of him quite a bit and I loved every minute with him. He was so interactive and loved to make intense eye contact, as if he could see into your soul. He was a special little man, I guess too special to be away from Jesus for too long. I am so sorry for your loss and I pray that you find a small amount of comfort in knowing that he is with the Lord. Take care!

    Suzi Frase, RNC at Randall Children's Hospital NICU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm at a loss for words I guess all I can say is I'm so very sorry for your loss and can relate to your pain you're not alone in this type of mourning but that doesn't make the pain any less I'm so very sorry god bless you and his blessed little soul may he find peace with heavenly father and may the Lord and all the prayers I'll be sending your way help you find light and strength in the dark and times of trying weakening trials. Keep your strong faith some day you'll be home with heavenly father and little Jordan again. Families are forever. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi,
    PLEASE talk with me when things have calmed down. We have a great support group of SCID families and I have been in on the process for getting newborn screening for SCID in Utah which started July 1st. I am so sorry for your loss! Please know you are not alone!! Let me know if you are interested...I can get you connected with the right people to start the screening process in Oregon. May God bless and watch over your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Janeways,

    Thank you for entrusting part of Jordan's care to me. I will be forever grateful that I could witness the miracle of his life. He had such a fighting, never-give-up spirit wrapped up with a sweet, peaceful contentment which I will always remember. My most ill patients always bring new perspective to my life and the path that I am on, and again, I thank you for letting Jordan touch my life. I believe that his higher power has taken away his pain now. I am so sorry for the grief and sadness that you must now continue to endure. May God continue to bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Janeways,

    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I was out of town during the funeral, but I want to be sure to let you know I have been deeply inspired by your faith and determination through this difficult time in your lives. My prayers are with you all, and I look forward to crossing paths with your family again soon.

    ~ Daniel Hansen

    ReplyDelete