Sunday, February 10, 2013

Finally, an update!



November 13, 2012

I apologize I have been having a hard time getting time/energy to post an update.    This last week has been a recovery week for Jordan as well as a little more testing.  Each day shows improvement on his secretions.  He looks healthier as each day goes by.  He always welcomes us with his bright eyes and the curve of one side of his mouth goes up as if he is trying to smile at times.

This week we met with a Urologist and have learned Jordan has one kidney smaller than the other.  He also has reflux of the urinary tract back up to the kidneys.  Thankfully this is manageable for the time being with antibiotics.  Minor compared to the rest.

We met with the Geneticist this week as well.  The "diagnosis" that he was leaning to, Jordan does not totally fit.  He came to the conclusion that in the first trimester the facial nerves weren't totally developed for some reason.  He talked a lot about the genetic side of things but the conclusion is what the doctors have been saying and that is that Jordan needs time and they believe that some of these problems will correct themselves.  He plans on keeping an eye on him in case other things present themselves.  The genetic world is still so new that they don't have "diagnosis" for all things that come up that may be genetic related.

Well, today is the 4th day that I haven't been able to be at the hospital with Jordan.  I REALLY miss being there with him.  My other kids were so kind and shared their cold with me.  Unfortunately it has hit me hard.  I am sure it has nothing to do with my body being run down or stress:)  If you have any sign of a cold they don't allow you in the NICU.  Smart on their part but it is breaking my heart not being able to be there.

This week the plan was to prepare for Jordan to come home by the end of the week.  It was a little overly optimistic but we were pushing for it.  I am sure now that since I have not been there to finish my "trachea training"  it will definitely be next week.  But I am OK with that.  I want every bit of sickness out of our house before Jordan comes home.  Ryan has been able to spend more time there filling in for my absence.

I hope the next post will be a) because I am finally better and can be there with Jordan and b) that I have a date of Jordan coming home.  Wish us luck!

I also want to say thank you to all of you who continue pray for our baby, bring meals, help with my other children, visits, bring treats to my house, etc.  There has been such an outpouring of love that we continue to be overwhelmed by it.  Thank you each and everyone of you.  We feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends surrounding us.  We could not have the strength and stamina and optimistic approach with all of you.  You are helping us more than you know.  THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment