Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jordan's Blessing


For those following this blog that aren't familiar with the LDS Church when babies are born we don't baptize them (we do that at age 8) but we give them a blessing in church.  It is a big event for us.  At least we sure make it in to one!

My Mom and my sister Staci and her baby Jett flew out to be with us.  It was a fun time.  I got to spend some great time with them.  We did hair (Staci our family hair dresser, brought all her gear and took care of us), and hung out.  Since we had extra nursing care we even got to go as a family to OMSI.  Staci's little boy Jett is only 2 months older than Jordan.  We got a couple pictures of the 2 of them together.  It will be fun having them so close in age.   I forget sometimes how much fun my family is.  We had some good laughs.  I can hardly wait till our next Utah trip.  My family rocks!

The blessing was beautiful.  Not only did Jordan look handsome in his little outfit, but Ryan did a beautiful job giving him the blessing.  He talked about what the atonement encompasses more than just sins but how it covers suffering and challenge.  He was blessed with faith, hope and courage and the gift of happiness.  The part that stuck out to me that I believe with all my heart is that with the knowledge of Jesus Christ and having faith in Him, there is always hope and with that we have the ability to find our way in this life.  I am so grateful to have a strong testimony of that.  That knowledge is what carries me and know will carry Jordan through his life as well.  

We had Ryan's family there as well.  The family support was great.  The part I loved the most was being able to finally take my child somewhere with me that is a part of our routine and not just to visit the doctor.    I loved having him my arms and just being there with him.  We felt like a family.  I am so glad we decided to do this at church instead of our home.  So many people in the congregation have been such a big support and help to us that it didn't seem right to not have them be there as well.  

Here is a few photo's from the day:  February 10, 2013


                                                              Family
                                           One of our special nurses, Mary Anne
                                                            My Cute Family~
                                                       Us with our little Jordan
                                    My Mom and My Sister Staci and her son Jett,
                                                          with Jordan and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment