Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Big Move



November 2, 2012

Yesterday was the big day for Jordan; he was transferred from St. Vincent's Hospital to Legacy Emmanuel Hospital, where he will be having his tracheotomy surgery.  Everything went smoothly during the transfer and the equipment they used to transfer him in was incredible, with self-contained oxygen, suctioning equipment etc (see pictures below).  He even had a 5-point seat-belt.

When we arrived at Emmanual's new new Children's Hospital Unit, I was impressed.  Everything is brand new.  Jordan has his own private room, and there are drinks for parents, vouchers for food, a place to sleep, and a closet for storage.  However, even with all their bells and whistles, I will miss the homier feel at St. Vincent's.  I like how the nurses there were all nearby and I never had to call anyone over to help Jordan, which I have had to do several times at Emmanual.

The nurses yesterday were very kind and humored me by putting on Jordan's Halloween pajamas and his pumpkin hat.  We did a little photo shoot and I am sure once I left it came right off.  Lets just say it was not conducive to all of his tubes and wires.  But it sure looked cute!!!

Today was also a decent day.  We had an hour with several desats in a row.  While every one of these is at least a little scary, they are also a good reminder for me that this surgery is necessary for him to improve.

In preparation for surgery, we met with some of the doctors that are involved in the surgery, signed all the paperwork and are ready to go.  The surgery is set for 7:30 in the morning. We are confident all will go well.

Here are a couple of photo's.  I have more of the ambulance stuff but am still having technical difficulties:

                                     

                                                    HAPPY HALLOWEEN



***I have some great pictures but am having technical difficulties.  I will post them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment