Sunday, February 10, 2013

Jordan's Home



November 23, 2012

Wow!  This Thanksgiving is one to remember!  On Wednesday we got to bring our little guy home.      It was so surreal as we packed everything up and signed the discharge papers.  I took tons of pictures to document this wonderful day.

The nurses from CNS came first thing in the morning and helped me arrange and prepare for his homecoming.  Afterwards Linnell, his first home nurse, and I went to go pick up Jordan.  We were met by his physician and got the approval that all was going well and Jordan was cleared to leave.
I was filled with so much emotion and could not believe we finally made it to this day.  My little boy was coming home!
                                                            Here we go!
               This is Jeff our Respiratory Therapist helping us. He is the one who has spent hours with
                          us training us to be able to take care of Jordan's trach.  Thanks Jeff!
                                      On our way to the van with an oxygen tank, just incase.
                                                         In the van with his nurse
                                                            We're home!

 Once we arrived home we were met by the whole family.  The kids were anxious to hold him.  After Jordan made it through all the kids Brooklyn and he snuggled on the chair together.  He was so relaxed snuggling with his big sister that his secretions stayed under control.  It was a very sweet
moment.
                                  

Jordan is doing so well.  I think he is glad to be home as well.  He is a smart little boy and has figured us out.  When he hears our voices his secretions go crazy.  We suction him and hold him.  He loves being held and seems to know what to do to get us to pick him up.  It doesn't take much because we love holding him any chance we get.

The last 2 evenings I have been able to unhook him from his monitor, food and humidifier and snuggle on the couch.  Both nights we have had 2 hour naps together.  Both times he went the full time without having to be suctioned.  He is so at peace in our arms.

I finally have my family back together and it has been absolutely wonderful.  I love the interactions the other 4 kids have with Jordan.  They love him and they too are glad that Jordan is home and mom is back.

I must say I am grateful that we have nursing care for Jordan, but it is a little strange having a nurse in your home helping to take care of your child as you are going about your day to day stuff and sleep at night.  Jordan is a lot of work and it is very time consuming to constantly keep his secretions at bay.  I don't know how we are going to manage when our nursing hours are down.  But for now I am just thankful I have someone helping so I can take care of my other kids.  It will be great to have this help as we learn how to adjust to our new normal and get a routine down.  Thank heavens for this wonderful program that is helping us keep him out of the hospital and helping us succeed as we figure things out.

Thanks again for all your love and support.  Happy Thanksgiving!

I have had people ask for us to keep up our blog with at least some updates and pictures.  I will try and do that at least once a week.  Thanks so much for your interest in our family and our sweet little boy.  This has been quite the adventure for us and will continue to be so for a while.  Thanks for sharing it with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment